(Last updated February, 26 2022)
Who We Are
ComcsPerPage (together with its parent registered company Scribes Unlimited, LLC — collectively, “CCP,” “we,” or “us”) provides an online platform to connect people through lending. We are an Ohio for-profit Limited Liability Company with headquarters in Cleveland, Ohio.
Personal Data We Collect (and How We Collect It)
Basic Personal Information. When you access the Website and offer a donation, we only collect your name and email address. We may receive some information about you from other Users (for example, if they invite you to use the Program,) and from third-party payment processing providers like PayPal (for example name, payment account email address, and in some cases physical address).
Transaction Activity. We record information about donations through the Program, individually (for example, amount and Recipient). We also collect information on any donations you make (whether through the Website or offline) and information you provide about your Recipient (for example, name and email address for donations).
Recipient Activity. If you apply to become a Recipient through the Program, we collect information you provide (for example, photograph, email and physical address, phone number, description of your work and finances, personal references, desired goals, payment account, and certain demographic information), as well as information from third parties. If you are approved to become a Recipient, we record information on individuals you invite to become Donaters, whether or not your goal is successfully funded.
Other Use of CCP Website and Features. We may collect other information you choose to provide in order to facilitate your participation in the Program or use of Website features. If you invite a friend to use the Website, we will ask you for your friend’s name and email address. CCP stores this information for the sole purposes of sending your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the Website, giving you the ability to send your friend reminders, and tracking the success of our referral program. If you choose to import contacts from your email account address book to invite friends to our Website, our service provider will collect your email address and will use it for that purpose.
Other Interactions with CCP.
- If you contact CCP, we will collect the information you provide (for example, your name, email address, physical address, phone number and comment) in order to respond to you.
- If you submit a project for CCP (for example, a comic project), we collect the information you submit (for example, name, phone number, cover letter, works, and position of interest) to review your project and follow up with you.
- If you participate in a survey or other promotion, we may request certain personal information from you (for example, name, address, and demographic information).
How CCP Uses Your Personal Information
- to personalize your experience using the Website and for Recipients to engage with you;
- to communicate with you about your donations or other Website activity, and to respond to your comments or inquiries;
- to contact you (via email) with general information about our initiatives, marketing campaigns, surveys or other promotional activities;
- to analyze and improve our services, communications, and advertising;
- to monitor compliance with our policies and standards, and to improve security;
- to deliver an invitation to use the Website by another User;
- to process applications for employment or volunteer positions;
- to comply with applicable law or court orders and to exercise or defend our legal rights or the rights of others.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
CCP does not sell or rent your personal information to third parties. We may disclose any of your personal information in the following circumstances:
- Publicly, to the extent described in the section below (Information Displayed Publicly).
- In order to comply with applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request, or to otherwise protect the rights, property, and safety of CCP, Users, Recipients and others.
- With our affiliates and service providers, agents and representatives in connection with their provision of services to CCP for business purposes (for example, facilitating Website functionality, processing transactions, distributing emails, conducting surveys, managing employment applications, and monitoring Website traffic and security). All such access shall be under appropriate confidentiality agreements and limited to use to provide services to CCP to help us further our mission.
- With third parties providing integrated Website features that you choose to use (for example, Facebook and Twitter) to allow you to share information about your Donations or other Website activity. Please note that we may withhold or withdraw information related to Donations you have made to the extent necessary to protect the privacy of Recipients as needed.
- Where legally permissible, we may share limited personal information, such as your email address with third party platforms like Facebook or Twitter to advertise to you and others with similar interests and characteristics through these platforms. You may opt out of the use of your data for direct marketing purposes by sending an email to email@example.com with the subject “Opt-Out”.
- Aggregated or pseudonymized data that does not directly identify you may be shared with third parties for educational, informational or promotional purposes in furtherance of CCP’s mission.
Information Displayed Publicly
Donator Name. When you Donate to a Recipient, your first name may appear in certain places publicly to affirm your contributions to other Users. You do have the ability to stay “anonymous,” which will hide your name from the public. Other information you choose to provide (for example, your occupation, the reasons why you lend, a description of your work, and your website), will only be publicly displayed by going to third-party Websites or platforms, such as Twitter and Facebook.
Invitees. If you invite other people to use CCP, the names of those who have accepted your invitations and donate to a Recipient of the Website will be displayed in public. It is your responsibility to make those you invite aware of the public displays and the data collected.
Recipient Profile. If you are approved to raise donations as a Recipient, some of the information you provided in your application will be displayed publicly on the Website (for example, your first name, business name, picture, location, written narrative, and amount of your Donation request). The status of your Donation request will also be publicly displayed (for example, fundraising, fully funded, ongoing, or ended).
How Long We Keep Your Personal Information
We will only keep your personal data (email address, especially) for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, according to our internal policies. These policies take into account relevant legal and regulatory retention requirements (e.g. tax, audit, or legal compliance requirements) and operational considerations. We will delete or permanently anonymize personal data those Users preferring to opt-out. Once a Goal of a Recipient is reached, the data for that particular project is also deleted. We reserve the right to retain indefinitely data that does not directly identify you, for example, aggregated or anonymized data.
How to Limit Our Use of Your Personal Information
In certain circumstances, you have the right to restrict CCP’s use and storage of your personal information. For instance, you may ask us to erase your personal data when it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected , and you may opt out of data sharing for advertising purposes. If our collection and use of certain personal information is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent. In such case, we will no longer process your information unless there is another legal ground to do so. You may ask us to limit our use of your personal data or to erase your personal data, or if you have other questions or requests regarding your personal data, please reach out to us at by contacting us at @firstname.lastname@example.org.
Security of Your Personal Information
CCP takes reasonable steps to maintain appropriate physical, technical and administrative security to help prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of personal information. While we take these reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information, no system or transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Electronic Communications and Emails
You will receive certain notices and information based on your activity (collectively, “Communications”) from CCP (for example, confirmations of donations you have made, confirmation of email address or inquiries regarding activity in your account). By entering your email address, you agree that all Communications from CCP relating to your use of the Website and participation in the Program may be made electronically by email. To access the Communications, you will need to use a computer with Internet Explorer 10.0 or above, Edge, Firefox 4 or above, Chrome 19 or above, Safari 6 or above, or Opera 12.1 or above and with hardware capable of running these browsers, and/or a mobile device capable of CCP’s mobile version of the Website. You may withdraw your consent to receive Communications electronically by contacting CCP as described below. It is your responsibility to inform CCP of any changes to your email address so that you continue to receive all Communications without interruption. You may request a paper copy of any electronic notice from CCP by sending an email to email@example.com, including your name and the address to which you would like the paper copy sent.
By default, you will receive the following types of optional emails from CCP: news and promotions, Donation updates, new Recipient News, Featured Recipients, etc. You have the right to object to receiving these optional emails from CCP, and you can stop receiving them by clicking sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and use “Opt-Out” in the subject line.
Third Party Applications and Links to Other Websites
Location of Data
Children Under the Age of 13
The Website is intended to be used by adults. It is not intended for children, and CCP does not want to collect any personal information about individuals under the age of 13. CCP recommends that parents do not post, or permit others to post, any personal information with respect to children under the age of 13. If you believe that we have any information from a child under age 13, please let us know at email@example.com and use the subject “Under 13”.
Scribes Unlimited, LLC
2652 Ashurst Road
University Heights, OH 44118, USA
If you believe that any of your rights with respect to your personal data have been breached, you may also lodge a complaint with the appropriate supervisory authority or seek a remedy through the courts.